The national airline adds new coastal destination in Jordan, expanding convenient, affordable travel for all
29, April 2022, Abu Dhabi, UAE: Wizz Air Abu Dhabi, the ultra-low-cost national airline of the UAE, has launched an exciting new route from Abu Dhabi to Aqaba, the southernmost city in Jordan. The exciting new destination, sitting on the northeast tip of the Red Sea, provides hassle-free travel for tourists and residents in both the UAE and Jordan with the surrounding mountains and deserts providing an ideal combination of city-life, beaches and history. Tickets are already on sale on wizzair.com and the airline’s mobile app with fares starting as low as AED 69 *.
Aqaba, sat amongst mountains, desert and sea, boasts a seaside charm with pristine beaches and a hospitable climate. The picturesque town provides ......read more
• Despite impact of Covid19 on global aviation, Etihad’s Greenliner programme implemented key sustainability initiatives throughout 2020 and 2021 to test and develop long term decarbonisation solutions for the entire industry
• Clear and ambitious path forward with 2025, 2035 and 2050 emissions targets
• Introduction of Sustainable50 programme to expand Etihad’s sustainability strategy to become world’s most comprehensive industry-wide testing and innovation programme.
• Achieved 2020-2021 sustainability targets and reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 56 percent since 2018
• Committed to reduction target in aviation’s first sustainability-linked sukuk, and raised US$1.2 billion in the first sustainability-linked loan (SLL) tied to environmental, social and governance (ESG) ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – April 21, 2022: Etihad Engineering, one of the world’s leading maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services providers, has signed a Component Agreement with Touchdown Aviation (TDA), a global specialist in the supply, loan, exchange, and repair of aircraft components.
As part of the agreement, TDA will provide Etihad Engineering supply chain solutions locally in Abu Dhabi, to ensure the availability of high demanded aircraft parts.
Frederic Dupont, Vice President Technical Sales & Customer Service, Etihad Engineering said: “As we continue to expand our components repair capabilities, we are delighted to have signed an agreement with Touchdown Aviation, as it will not only contribute to our component services growth strategy and at the same time facilitate parts ......read more
• Over 30 commercial flights will test a range of operational efficiencies and technologies, including contrail prevention systems with SATAVIA
• Coinciding with Earth Day, the test flights are part of Etihad’s overarching sustainability strategy, incorporating the Greenliner and Sustainable50 programmes
• Operated on Etihad’s fleet of fuel-efficient aircraft, spearheaded by the signature Boeing 787-10 ‘Etihad Greenliner’, and Etihad’s newest aircraft, the Airbus A350-1000 ‘Sustainable 50’
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – April 20, 2022: Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates, is undertaking a week of intensive research and testing on over 30 flights to test operational efficiencies, technology and procedures that ......read more
Airbus will handle materials services including on-site stock at Air Cairo’s main base and outstations, as well as components repairs, logistics and component engineering.
Airbus’ material solution will allow Air Cairo to minimize capital expenditure thanks to reduced upfront investments and secured maintenance costs. Airbus’ FHS will also maximize Air Cairo’s aircraft availability through spare parts availability and components reliability expertise.
More than 1,200 aircraft worldwide are currently being supported by Airbus’ Flight Hour Services which are proving more relevant than ever in post-crisis times when airlines need to carefully monitor their costs and contain investments.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – March 14, 2022: Etihad Engineering, one of the world’s leading commercial aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) services providers, has won ‘MRO Service Provider of the Year – Commercial Aviation’ award at the Aviation Achievement Awards 2022. Abdul Khaliq Saeed, Chief Executive Officer at Etihad Engineering, was honoured with the ‘Outstanding Contribution to the Aviation Industry’ award at the event held in Dubai, UAE.
The Aviation Achievement Awards, celebrate and recognise exceptional resilience, innovation, growth, and leadership in the aviation industry. Etihad Engineering, driven by the visionary leadership of Abdul Khaliq Saeed, has continued to serve customers across the globe whilst expanding its global footprint by diversifying its ......read more
• Extended working hours for Visa Application Centres in UAE
• Exclusive 50% Ramadan discount on Premium Lounge services for all UAE Healthcare professionals
VFS Global, the world's largest outsourcing and technology services specialist for governments and diplomatic missions worldwide, announced the opening hours of the Visa Application Centres (VACs) in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, including extended working hours to provide even greater convenience to visa applicants during the holy month of Ramadan.
Monday – Friday
09.00am – 02.00pm
02.00pm to 06.00pm
08.00am to ......read more
07 April 2022: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) released data for global air cargo markets showing that demand increased in February despite a challenging operating backdrop.
Several factors benefitted air cargo in February compared to January. On the demand side, manufacturing activity ramped-up quickly after the early February Lunar New Year holiday. Capacity was positively influenced by the general and progressive relaxation of COVID-19 travel restrictions, reduced flight cancellations due to Omicron-related factors (outside of Asia), and fewer winter weather operational disruptions.
Note: We are returning to year-on-year traffic comparisons, instead of comparisons with the 2019 period, unless otherwise noted. Cargo demand is tracking above pre-COVID-19 levels, although capacity is ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi Airports, the owner and operator of the emirate’s five airports, and Etihad Guest, the award-winning loyalty programme of Etihad Airways, signed an agreement to launch the “Miles on the Go” product at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Etihad Guest members can now instantly earn and spend Etihad Guest Miles when shopping at participating merchants located at Abu Dhabi International Airport. By simply downloading the Etihad Guest app and linking up to five Visa cards to their profiles, members can spend their miles and receive cashback on their cards.
Members can earn 1 Etihad Guest Mile and 1 Etihad Guest Tier Mile for every AED 3 spent at any of the 119 participating outlets including, lounges, luxury retail stores, dining establishments and Duty-Free outlets ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: In celebration of the Holy Month, Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, has teamed up with Emirati Chef Khaled Alsaadi to offer a specially curated inflight menu for the month of Ramadan.
The Abu Dhabi-based Chef has put his signature twist on authentic Emirati recipes, fusing contemporary cooking techniques and local ingredients to recreate popular Ramadan dishes for guests.
Terry Daly, Executive Director of Guest Experience, Brand and Marketing, Etihad Airways, said: “This Ramadan, we wanted to surprise our guests with a special menu that takes a modern approach to traditional, well-loved recipes, to make every iftar on board Etihad Airways a memorable experience. Our special Ramadan menu in collaboration with Chef Khaled brings our guests the warmth and ......read more
• Next-generation aircraft will be deployed to key North American and Indian destinations by peak summer season
• ‘Sustainability50’ programme to drive operational efficiencies and support Etihad’s decarbonisation efforts
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – Etihad Airways today unveiled its new Airbus A350-1000, registration A6-XWB, on a special inaugural commercial flight from Abu Dhabi to Paris. The aircraft is the first A350 to be operated by a UAE airline, and the first of five A350s set to join Etihad’s fleet over the coming months.
The first flight departed Abu Dhabi for Paris Charles de Gaulle at 7.30am with a delegation including diplomatic dignitaries, Etihad and Airbus representatives, media, trade partners and other VIPs.
Tony Douglas, Group Chief ......read more
26, March 2022: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced that the 78th Annual General Meeting (AGM) and World Air Transport Summit will take place 19-21 June 2022 in Doha, Qatar, hosted by Qatar Airways. This will be the second time that the global gathering of aviation’s top leaders will be held in Qatar; the first being in 2014.
Originally, the 78th IATA Annual General Meeting and World Air Transport Summit were planned for the same dates in Shanghai, People’s Republic of China, hosted by China Eastern Airlines. The decision to change the venue reflects continuing COVID-19 related restrictions on travel to China.
“It is deeply disappointing that we are not able to meet in Shanghai as planned. In the meantime, we are pleased to be returning to the dynamic aviation hub of Doha and ......read more
Dubai, UAE, March 24, 2022: Strange experiences await Global Village guests at Ripley’s Believe It or Not!® this season and if you haven’t visited yet, there’s still time now that Global Village has announced its season extension. Over and above the many new exhibits, this season saw the introduction of an immersive, multisensory 4D Moving Theatre that features built-in motion and a varied range of special effects, synchronised to make you feel like you’re in the film with the ever-popular Monster Family.
Ripley's Believe It or Not! Odditorium boasts a diverse collection of rare, real life exhibits and hands-on interactive experiences at six unique galleries. Over 250 rare artefacts, unbelievable exhibits, wax figures of strange, unusual and historical people, interactive games, the horrific Dark ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: As travellers begin flying for the spring break, Etihad Airways is preparing to welcome a large volume of passengers at Abu Dhabi International Airport over the weekend and urges travellers to follow the below tips.
Covid related travel restrictions have been completely removed for travellers flying to UK, Bahrain and Ireland, while travellers to Jordan, Maldives or Saudi Arabia need only provide a health declaration form. More information can be found on etihad.com/destinationguide.
Travellers departing from Abu Dhabi will only need to take a PCR test if it is a requirement of their final destination. Passengers who are fully vaccinated do not need a PCR test when returning to Abu Dhabi.
Terry Daly, Executive Director Guest Experience, Brand and ......read more
Dubai, 22 March 2022 – Tourism Malaysia is participating for the fourth time at the Gulf Travel Show (GTS) from 22 to 23 March 2022. Focusing on business meetings, the digital event hosts buyers from across the region. After the success of the first three editions in November 2020, March 2021 and October 2021, Gulf Travel Show is back by popular demand in 2022.
The two-day conference features networking sessions between the Middle East and from across the world as well as panel discussions between travel experts, tourism and hospitality sectors on the current state of the industry. Participants of the travel show include travel agents, tour operators, tourism boards, airlines, travel management firms, international agencies, hotels, and media from 43 countries.
As a platinum partner, Tourism Malaysia is ......read more
17 March 2022: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced that The International Air Transport Association (IATA) welcomed the increasing momentum towards re-opening of borders and relaxation of travel restrictions, as COVID-19 moves into the endemic phase.
An IATA survey of travel restrictions for the world’s top 50 air travel markets (comprising 88% of international demand in 2019 as measured by revenue passenger
kilometers) revealed the growing access available to vaccinated travelers:
• 25 markets representing 38% of 2019 international demand are open to vaccinated travelers without quarantine measures or testing requirements—up from 18 markets (28% of 2019 international demand) in mid-February.
• 38 markets representing 65% of 2019 international demand are ......read more
Spell-binding street performances from five continents set to wow audiences at Global Village
Dubai, UAE, March 14, 2022: Global Village is celebrating the International Day of Happiness all week long with its brand new Happiness Street Fest which features some of the world’s most talented street artists. From March 18 to 27, guests will experience high-energy entertainment on the streets of Global Village.
The UAE and the wider region's leading multicultural destination for culture, shopping, and entertainment has exciting plans in the pipeline for Happiness Street Fest, with an international line-up of extraordinary street acts from around the world and fireworks every night.
Jaki Ellenby, Executive Director, Marketing at Global Village said: “We pride ourselves on bringing the best of cultures from ......read more
10, March 2022: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) released data for global air cargo markets showing slower growth in January 2022. Supply chain disruptions and capacity constraints, as well as a deterioration in economic conditions for the sector dampened demand.
Note: We are returning to year-on-year traffic comparisons, instead of comparisons with the 2019 period, unless otherwise noted. Cargo demand is tracking above pre-COVID-19 levels, although capacity is still constrained.
• Global demand, measured in cargo tonne-kilometers (CTKs*), was up 2.7% compared to January 2021 (3.2% for international operations). This was significantly lower than the 9.3% growth seen in December 2021 (11.1% for international operations).
• Capacity was 11.4% above January 2021 (10.8% for international ......read more
09th March 2022: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced the opening of the nomination period for the 2022 IATA Diversity and Inclusion Awards. IATA member airlines and organizations from across the aviation value chain can put themselves forward or nominate others within the aviation industry until 18h00 CET on 24 April 2022.
The Awards recognize three categories of leadership in the area of diversity and inclusion:
• Inspirational Role Model Award: recognizes a woman holding a senior position within the air transport industry who has had a significant impact on the aviation agenda through her strong contribution to business delivery, as well as her ongoing support of the diversity and inclusion agenda. Nominees are welcome from across the aviation industry.
• High Flyer ......read more
• Twice-weekly seasonal flights to Nice on the French Riviera from 15 June 2022
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Etihad Airways has announced a new European destination this summer with the introduction of flights to the French city of Nice from 15 June.
The twice-weekly service will operate on Wednesdays and Sundays between Abu Dhabi and Nice Côte d'Azur Airport on a modern Boeing 787 aircraft, one of the most fuel efficient aircraft in the world.
Situated on the southeastern coast of France, Nice is renowned for its famous waterfront, with a scenic seven-kilometre walkway known as the ‘Promenade des Anglais’. The city was proclaimed a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2021.
“As one of the most popular destinations on the French Riviera, Etihad Airways is ......read more
3, March 2022: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) released 2021 safety performance data for the commercial airline industry showing strong improvement in several areas compared to both 2020 and to the five years 2017-2021. Highlights include:
• Reductions in the total number of accidents, the all-accident rate and fatalities.
• IATA members and airlines on the IATA Operational Safety Audit (IOSA) registry (which includes all IATA members) experienced zero fatal accidents last year.
• No runway/taxiway excursion accidents, for the first time in at least 15 years.
5-year ......read more
2, March 2022: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) expects overall traveler numbers to reach 4.0 billion in 2024 (counting multi-sector connecting trips as one passenger), exceeding pre-COVID-19 levels (103% of the 2019 total).
Expectations for the shape of the near-term recovery have shifted slightly, reflecting the evolution of government-imposed travel restrictions in some markets. The overall picture presented in the latest update to IATA’s long-term forecast, however, is unchanged from what was expected in November, prior to the Omicron variant.
“The trajectory for the recovery in passenger numbers from COVID-19 was not changed by the Omicron variant. People want to travel. And when travel restrictions are lifted, they return to the skies. There is still a long way to go to reach a ......read more
• 3.5 million passengers carried in 2021
• Significant improvement in EBITDA driven by strong H2 performance
• Core operating loss reduced to US$ 476 million
• Cargo revenues increase by 49% to all-time high of US$ 1.73 billion
• Sustainability at core of recovery strategy
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Etihad Airways today announced its business results for 2021, recording a strong recovery in passenger operations along with a significant improvement in financial performance, posting a much-reduced loss of US$ 476 million for 2021 (2020: US$ 1.70 billion).
The airline carried 3.5 million passengers in 2021, with an average seat load factor of 39.6%. Passenger loads doubled in the second half of the year, ......read more
Following the latest UAE government directive, from 26 February, guests who are fully vaccinated and travelling with Etihad Airways to Abu Dhabi will no longer need a PCR test before their flight.
Guests who are departing or transiting through Abu Dhabi also do not need a PCR test, unless it is a requirement of their end destination. Vaccination certificates must have a QR code.
• Guests who are not vaccinated and travelling to Abu Dhabi must present a negative PCR test taken within 48 hours of departure, or a Covid-19 recovery certificate with a QR code dated within 30 days of departure.
• Children younger than 16 are exempt from the vaccination and testing requirements to fly, on arrival, or to transit.
• Passengers travelling to Abu Dhabi as their end destination will continue to receive ......read more
Part of the Abu Dhabi Mangrove Programme, Etihad Mangrove Forest to be first planting programme to establish carbon absorbing forests in every country Etihad operates
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Following two years of intensive research and development, innovation and transformation through its Greenliner programme to tackle aviation decarbonisation, Etihad Airways in collaboration with Environment Agency Abu Dhabi has launched the Etihad Mangrove Forest to provide guests, corporate accounts and partners the ability to adopt mangroves in Abu Dhabi to reduce their carbon footprint.
In line with the Abu Dhabi Mangrove initiative by the Environment Agency Abu Dhabi, the Etihad Mangrove Forest is the culmination of multiple joint programmes between Etihad, Environment Agency Abu ......read more
The park will feature 22 rides and attractions including 9 world firsts
24, February 2022: Qiddiya Investment Company (QIC) announced the award of a SAR 2.8 billion ($750 million) contract to build Saudi Arabia’s first and the region’s largest water theme park. The contract was awarded to ALEC Saudi Arabia Engineering & Contracting and El Seif Engineering Contracting, in a joint venture between the two companies. The Qiddiya Water Theme Park will be one of the key entertainment attractions at Qiddiya, the future capital of Entertainment, Sports and Culture.
The agreement was formally signed between Qiddiya’s Managing Director Abdullah bin Nasser Aldawood, ALEC’s CEO Kez Taylor and El Seif’s CEO Ahmed Al-Bassam at a ceremony held at the Qiddiya Experience Center, followed by a ......read more
• New flights to Greece’s largest island, Crete, set to commence on 15 June 2022
• Popular routes to Malaga, Santorini and Zanzibar will also return for summer
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Travellers with Etihad Airways can look forward to a new destination this summer, along with the return of popular seasonal routes to Europe and the Indian Ocean.
Starting 15 June 2022, Etihad Airways will launch a seasonal twice-per-week service to Crete, the largest island in Greece. The flights are set to be operated on an Airbus A320 aircraft and will connect Abu Dhabi to the main city of Heraklion.
Lying in the Aegean Sea, Crete offers travellers a rich tapestry of spectacular landscapes, cuisine and culture, with traditional villages and historic sites dating back thousands of ......read more
Brazil has witnessed a boom in the luxury tourism during the pandemic
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, February 18, 2022: Brazil’s luxury tourism sector has experienced significant growth during the pandemic. In fact, during July 2021, Brazil recorded its best occupancy rates in history. Furthermore, a recent survey by the International Luxury Travel Market confirms this boom and found that 62 per cent of travellers to the country are spending more on luxury tourism than before the pandemic.
As a result of this luxury tourism growth, Embratur — the Brazilian Tourist Board — is highlighting numerous luxurious destination options and exclusive experiences, from the many it offers, throughout the historically rich country. These seek to highlight Brazil’s rich culture, breath-taking beaches, and ......read more
Traffic expected to double in 2022
16 February 2022 - Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Abu Dhabi Airports released its 2021 passenger traffic results today which confirm Abu Dhabi International Airport welcomed 5.26 million guests in 2021 thanks to a fourth quarter surge that saw 2.43 million, which equates to 46% of the full year’s passenger numbers, pass through the UAE capital’s hub.
Full year figures reveal that 5,262,376 passengers were served compared to 5,570,176 in 2020 representing a drop of 5.5% as the airport and the industry continued to experience dampened demand due to travel restrictions and eroded consumer confidence brought on by the global pandemic. The airport recorded 74,176 flights during the year compared to 61,034 in 2020, an increase of 21.5%.
“The sharp rise in passenger ......read more
Dubai, 16 February 2022 – Etihad Airways’ has signed a Letter of Intent (LoI) for seven A350F freighters to add to its existing fleet of five A350-1000 passenger versions. The announcement was made at the Singapore Airshow 2022. Etihad has also selected Airbus’s Flight Hour Services (FHS) to support its entire A350 fleet.
“Etihad is delighted to extend our relationship with Airbus to include this remarkable aircraft as part of our freighter fleet for the future,” said Tony Douglas, Group Chief Executive Officer, Etihad Aviation Group. “As our cargo operations continue to overperform and we work towards a more sustainable future built upon the world’s youngest and most fuel-efficient fleet, the addition of the A350F will play a key role in driving our long-term cargo strategy and achieving our ......read more
ETIHAD AIRWAYS AND WARNER BROS. WORLD™ ABU DHABI PUT FAMILIES FIRST WITH THE LAUNCH OF ‘LITTLE VIP’,
A SPECIAL EXPERIENCE CREATED WITH YOUNG TRAVELLERS IN MIND
• Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi themed amenities and activity packs gifted to children on longer flights
• Refreshed dining service, designed exclusively for young travellers
• Dedicated family check-in and airport experience at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – February 15, 2022: Etihad Airways, the national airline of the UAE, today launched a new experience for families flying with Etihad. The airline has partnered with the award-winning theme park, Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi, to launch a one-of-a-kind family friendly experience on board its ......read more
• Jaguar TCS Racing fight through the pack into the points before a fearless energy strategy didn’t pay off for the team and others around them
• Sam Bird finished in P15 while teammate Mitch Evans finished in P19
• Jaguar TCS Racing sit seventh in the teams’ standings after round three of the ABB FIA Formula E World Championship
• Lights go green for round four and five of season eight in Rome on 9 and 10 April 2022
Dubai, United Arab Emirates, 14 February 2022: Jaguar TCS Racing were looking set for a double-points finish with two laps remaining of the Mexico City E-Prix. A decision by the race leaders to extend the race by another lap meant the fearless energy strategy ultimately left both Jaguar drivers and a number of other teams with an extra lap to ......read more
The national airline will provide ultra-low fare flights to Amman and Aqaba
10, February 2022, Abu Dhabi, UAE: Wizz Air Abu Dhabi, the ultra-low-fare national airline of the UAE, will add two new Jordanian destinations to its ever-growing list of routes. Flying to the extraordinary cities of Amman and Aqaba, the new routes will strengthen travel links within the region by bringing in a bold new frontier for ultra-low fare travel.
The flight to Amman will operate two times a week on Tuesday and Saturday. Flights to Aqaba will operate two times a week on Sunday and Thursday. Tickets are on sale on wizzair.com and the airline’s mobile app (also available in Arabic), with fares starting as low as AED 70*.
Home to ancient treasures and monuments, lush green landscapes and staggering mountains, the beautiful country of Jordan is ......read more
• Members will earn miles and benefits for sustainable spending and making ecofriendly choices when using their FAB Etihad Guest Visa Sustainable card
• Cardholders will have the ability to use their miles to offset emissions from their credit card spends
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – February 03, 2022: Etihad Guest, the award-winning loyalty programme of Etihad Airways, and the UAE’s largest bank First Abu Dhabi Bank (FAB), in partnership with Visa, the world leader in digital payments, will launch a sustainably-focused Visa credit card. The card will reward shoppers for making sustainable choices in their everyday spending habits.
The FAB Etihad Guest Visa Sustainable Card will introduce a series of sustainability-focused benefits that will educate and reward members for making ......read more
-Critical Enabler of One ID-
02 February 2022: The International Air Transport Association welcomed the creation by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) of a global directory of public keys required for authentication of health credentials. The directory—called the Health Master List (HML)—will make a significant contribution to the global recognition and verification (interoperability) of government issued health credentials.
A public key enables third parties to verify that a QR code displayed on a health credential is authentic and valid. The HLM is a compilation of public key certificates signed by ICAO and regularly updated as more health proofs are issued and new public keys are required. Its implementation will ease the global recognition of health credentials outside of the jurisdiction in ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Etihad Airways, the national carrier of the United Arab Emirates, has successfully completed IATA Environmental Assessment stage 2 and received accreditation in four key operational areas: facilities management, flight operations, Etihad technical division, Etihad Catering Services.
The IATA Environmental Assessment (IEnvA) programme is a blueprint for airlines to achieve sustainability in all air and ground operations. It is an evaluation system designed to independently assess and improve the environmental management of an airline. Stage 2 represents the highest level of IEnvA compliance and requires an airline to demonstrate ongoing environmental performance improvement.
Etihad, which has committed to achieving net zero carbon emissions by 2050 and halving its 2019 emission levels by ......read more
26, January 2022: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) released data for global air freight markets showing that full-year demand for air cargo increased by 6.9% in 2021, compared to 2019 (pre-covid levels) and 18.7% compared to 2020 following a strong performance in December 2021. This was the second biggest improvement in year-on-year demand since IATA started to monitor cargo performance in 1990 (behind 2010’s 20.6% gain), outpacing the 9.8% rise in global goods trade by 8.9 percentage points.
As comparisons between 2021 and 2020 monthly results are distorted by the extraordinary impact of COVID-19, unless otherwise noted, all comparisons below are to 2019 which followed a normal demand pattern.
• Global demand in 2021, measured in cargo tonne-kilometers ......read more
• Etihad Guest members using the talabat app in the UAE can now contribute to offsetting carbon emissions through the Miles on the Go programme.
• This initiative is part of a wider collaboration between Etihad and talabat, which was announced last year.
• Etihad is the first airline in the world to reward its guests for adopting more sustainable practices in the air and on the ground.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Etihad Guest, the loyalty programme of Etihad Airways, and talabat, the region’s leading food, and q-commerce delivery platform, are expanding their partnership with the Etihad Guest ‘Miles on the Go’ programme to include carbon offsetting until December 2023.
The original agreement was signed in September 2021 and allowed Etihad Guest members to ......read more
• Corporate Conscious Choices by Etihad recognises and rewards corporates and their employees with a series of cohesive sustainability initiatives, providing corporate partners a competitive edge through sustainability
• The programme allows organisations to offset corporate travel, invest in Sustainable Aviation Fuels and promote sustainable activities
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: Etihad Airways has launched its dedicated sustainability-focused corporate rewards programme, designed to facilitate and deliver corporate partner sustainability goals through carbon offsetting, sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) investments and green surcharge fares.
Corporate Conscious Choices is designed specifically for organisations committed to reducing emissions and operating sustainably, with rewards and ......read more
- As part of the celebrations Wizz Air Abu Dhabi is offering a 20% discount and a competition to give away 50 pairs of tickets to its loyal customers
- The UAE’s ultra-low-fare national airline is optimistic for travel in 2022, with aims for further route expansion and to support the UAE post-pandemic tourism recovery
- Wizz Air Abu Dhabi ready to go further with value for money and efficient travel and build on successes from first year of operation
15 January 2022, Abu Dhabi, UAE: Wizz Air Abu Dhabi, the UAE’s ultra-low-fare national airline is proudly celebrating its one-year anniversary on 15th January and looking forward to future growth, the joint venture established between ADQ and Wizz Air Holdings plc, is ready to capitalise on demand for travel from the UAE capital in 2022. Ready to accelerate and ......read more
- Q3 Revenue at $6.524 billion | Growth of 14.4% YoY; +15.4% in CC
- All Industry Verticals Grow Mid- to High Teens
- North America Continues to Lead, +18% YoY CC
- Client Metrics Shine: 10 new clients in $100 Mn+ bucket (Total: 58); 21 new clients in $50 Mn+ bucket (Total: 118)
- Women in the Workforce Cross the 200,000 Mark; +68% Growth in Number of Senior Women Executives ......read more
- The UAE’s ultra-low-fare national airline contributed to the fast recovery of the UAE and Abu Dhabi’s tourism sector
- Wizz Air Abu Dhabi launched more than 34 destinations during 2021
- The airline operated more than 1,080 flights since its launch in January 2021 with 506 flights taking place in the fourth quarter of the year
January 03, Abu Dhabi, ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 27 December 2021: Located within the Presidential Palace compound, Qasr Al Watan is a unique cultural landmark that offers the world a first-of-its-kind insight into the governing principles that shaped the history of the United Arab Emirates and its vision to the future.
More than just a palace and one of the only working Palaces of its kind in the world, Qasr ......read more
• ADQ to establish integrated aviation support services company, ushering in a new wave of growth for the industry
• Etihad Airways to divest several entities to ADQ’s new company and to ADNEC
• Upon successful completion, the transaction will enable Etihad Airways to accelerate its transformation as air travel continues to recover
Abu Dhabi, United Arab ......read more
• Light-1’s mission team includes 23 students from Khalifa University and New York University Abu Dhabi (NYU Abu Dhabi)
• Nanosatellite was carried onboard SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket that took off from the Kennedy Space Center in Florida, US
• The Light-1 ......read more
• The science programme of the mission will be developed by MBRSC in partnership with local and international entities, institutions and agencies.
•The collaboration will support data collection and calibration strategies as well as data analysis.
•MBRSC’s Emirates Lunar Mission team will develop and build the Rashid rover and its scientific instrumentation, while the ......read more
“flydubai is pleased to restart flights to Hargeisa from 18 December following a temporary suspension of flights for operational reasons. We look forward to working closely with the Somaliland Civil Aviation and Airports Authority and other regulatory authorities to provide a convenient option for travel to Dubai and beyond with a three-times weekly service.”
09 December 2021: The International Air Transport Association (IATA) called for governments to follow World Health Organization (WHO) advice and immediately rescind travel bans that were introduced in response to the Omicron variant of the coronavirus.
Public health organizations, including the WHO, have advised against travel curbs to contain the spread of Omicron.
WHO ......read more
• Etihad moves to Russia’s largest, newest terminal and increases daily flight capacity, growing trade, tourism and economic ties between the two countries
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – December 06, 2021: Exactly 13 years after it first connected Abu Dhabi to Moscow, Etihad Airways, the national airline of the United Arab Emirates, launched its inaugural ......read more
- 10,000 seats available for 99 AED each on selected flights from Abu Dhabi
04 December 2021, Abu Dhabi, UAE: Wizz Air Abu Dhabi, the UAE’s ultra-low-fare national airline is continuing its celebrations of the UAE’s Golden Jubilee and National Day by launching a new promotion. The airline is offering tickets for 99 AED each for 10,000 available seats on selected ......read more