• Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi records remarkable sustainability milestones, including an 11.3% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions
• Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi will participate in the upcoming COP28 as part of M42, the summit’s Principal Health Partner
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. November 29, 2023: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, part of the M42 network, the Principal Health Partner of COP28, has published its decarbonization and sustainability efforts. As a proactive contributor to the sustainable future of health, the hospital’s patient-centric approach and sustainability endeavors underscore its success in prioritizing the well-being of patients, caregivers, and the community and align with the Abu Dhabi Environment Vision 2030.
To date, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi has achieved ......read more
• Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi ranked amongst the top smart hospitals in the world on Newsweek’s 2024 ‘World’s Best Smart Hospitals’ rankings
• Listed among 330 renowned hospitals from around the world, this recognition is based on the adoption of smart technologies that are leading personalized, precision patient care
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. November 17, 2023: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, part of the M42 network, has been ranked as the top hospital in the UAE and Gulf region for the second time by Newsweek in its ‘World’s Best Smart Hospitals’ 2024 list. The ranking places the hospital amongst the top in a list of 330 world-class healthcare facilities from across the globe.
The 330 global hospitals part of the list from 28 countries were ......read more
BioAro will infuse resources to set up genome labs, clinics to launch precision medicine, personalised treatment to upgrade healthcare service, train medical professionals that will extend people’s health-span and longevity and make the UAE a global leader in precision medicare
Date: Dubai, UAE; Saturday, October 30, 2023
1. Introduction of Genomics in the UAE’s healthcare will revolutionise the industry by reducing health risks and extend the life span of people;
2. BioAro is going to invest in the UAE to bring the latest breakthrough technology in Genomics, establish Genome testing labs, clinics, training and innovation centres that will drastically improve public health;
3. The global genomics market is currently estimated at US$46.2 billion in 2023;
4. With a compound ......read more
• The agreement will see DoH integrate the Clinical LLM to assist and accelerate clinical decision-making and enhance patient care across Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, 19 October 2023: The Department of Health – Abu Dhabi (DoH), the regulator of the healthcare sector in the emirate, has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with M42, a global tech-enabled healthcare network, at GITEX Global 2023, to integrate M42’s newly announced Clinical Large Language Model (LLM), Med42 across Abu Dhabi’s healthcare ecosystem, with an aim of creating a direct impact on patient care.
As part of DoH’s digital transformation efforts, the Department seeks to make clinical decision-making more efficient by utilising Clinical LLM to act as an AI assistant for healthcare professionals. Potential ......read more
• Packed with cutting-edge features, the application is designed to empower residents with an efficient, convenient, and highly personalised healthcare experience
UAE, Abu Dhabi, 18 October 2023 — On the sidelines of GITEX Global Week 2023, The Department of Health – Abu Dhabi (DoH) announced that it is set to redefine the healthcare landscape in Abu Dhabi with the upcoming release of an innovative Health App. Packed with cutting-edge features, the application is designed to empower residents with an efficient, convenient, and highly personalised healthcare experience.
This app marks a significant milestone in the Department of Health's ongoing commitment to enhance the health and well-being of community members in Abu Dhabi. It signifies a move towards healthcare that is not only more ......read more
Abu Dhabi, UAE – October 12, 2023: Highlighting the efforts of Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Center (ADSCC) to pioneering research and transforming healthcare, a milestone has been achieved in one of its ongoing clinical trials, the Extracorporeal Photopheresis (ECP) for Optimal Management of Multiple Sclerosis (PHOMS) study.
The study at ADSCC, a PureHealth subsidiary, the largest healthcare platform in the Middle East, evaluates the safety and efficacy of using ECP to treat people with multiple sclerosis (MS). As an immunomodulatory therapy used for some cancer treatments, graft-versus-host disease (GvHD), and autoimmune diseases, ECP in this study seeks to alleviate MS symptoms by rebalancing the immune system of the patient.
ADSCC has revealed that one of the success stories within the PHOMS trial involves a UAE resident, ......read more
Ahead of World Mental Health Day, expert from global health system Cleveland Clinic says participating in sports teaches life skills and can build self-confidence for the long haul
October 9, 2023, CLEVELAND: The benefits children derive from playing team sports are not limited to better physical health as there are social and emotional gains too, according to an expert from global health system Cleveland Clinic, speaking ahead of World Mental Health Day (October 10).
“One of the obvious benefits of sports is increased physical activity, especially in an age of so much screen time, but there are a lot of social and emotional benefits as well,” says health and sport/performance psychologist Matthew Sacco, PhD.
Here, Dr. Sacco gives the top five reasons why participating in team sports could set a ......read more
• Joint Commission International (JCI) accreditation is the gold standard for quality of care and patient safety in the global healthcare community
• Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi received this accreditation in 2022—making it the third consecutive time since 2016
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. October 3, 2023: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, part of the M42 network, proudly announces that the Fatima bint Mubarak Center has received the highly coveted Joint Commission International (JCI) three-year accreditation. This recognition, which is an extension of Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi’s accreditation, reinforces the center's commitment to excellence in healthcare and elevates its status as a pioneer in cutting-edge cancer care in the UAE and wider region.
The SAFER Matrix is a robust tool used by ......read more
• Comprehensive Child Vaccination Records, Now at Your Fingertips
• Bridging Technological Innovation and Trust: Al Hosn App, Your Reliable Health Companion
Dubai 12 September 2023: The UAE health authorities have launched an updated version of "Al Hosn" app, the national digital healthcare platform for vaccinations and more in the UAE. Now empowered with vital features to safeguard the health of younger generations, the upgrade aims to further the goals of the National Immunization Program, highlighting the UAE's ongoing efforts to enhance the healthcare system and shield the community from infectious diseases.
The upgraded app includes comprehensive vaccination records for children from birth to 18 years. It will play a pivotal role in achieving a higher percentage of child vaccination ......read more
Clinicians and researchers hope to improve care for more patients by building on success in treating children and extending new beneficial therapies to different leukemia subtypes
31 August 2023, CLEVELAND: Leukemia treatment outcomes have improved significantly over the past decade, particularly in the case of acute lymphocyte leukemia, and especially in the pediatric population. Now, researchers and doctors are hoping to expand the treatment success rate across all age groups and all leukemia subtypes, says an expert from global health system Cleveland Clinic ahead of World Leukemia Day on September 4.
Leukemia is a group of cancers characterized by rapid, uncontrolled growth of abnormal blood cells called leukemia cells. It can occur in both children and adults and according to the World Cancer Research ......read more
The achievement marked a major milestone in the number of kidney transplants carried out by Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA)’s Kidney Transplant Program
Abu Dhabi: 23 August 2023 – PureHealth, the largest healthcare platform in the Middle East, has celebrated a remarkable achievement with the completion of more than 500 successful kidney transplants. This significant milestone was reached under the Kidney Transplant Program, a partnership between Sheikh Khalifa Medical City (SKMC) and SEHA Kidney Care (SKC), both assets of PureHealth. The accomplishment exemplifies PureHealth’s unwavering commitment to enhancing healthcare outcomes and elevating both quality of life and health spans.
To commemorate this huge success, a special event was organised, attended by Shaista Asif, Co-Founder and ......read more
• The World Health Organization recently added three disease-modifying therapies for Multiple Sclerosis to its Essential Medicines List.
• UAE-based National Multiple Sclerosis Society supported the London-based Multiple Sclerosis International Federation’s application with a statement of support from HE Dr. Fatima Al Kaabi.
• WHO approval for MS medicine to be added to its Essential Medicines List will result in increased availability and disbursement of therapies across the globe.
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 22 August 2023: Her Excellency Dr. Fatima Al Kaabi, Vice Chair of the National MS Society Board of Trustees and Executive Director of the Bone Marrow Transplant Programme at the Abu Dhabi Stem Cells Center (ADSCC) has praised the World Health Organization’s (WHO) decision to approve three ......read more
• The program is another strategic educational effort by Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi to promote best practices in patient-centered care and build a sustainable healthcare ecosystem in the region
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. August 17, 2023: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, a Mubadala Health partner, in collaboration with INSEAD, The Business School for the World, concludes its two-year leadership program with 107 physicians successfully graduating from the program. This initiative is part of the hospital’s ongoing mission to foster a learning culture that focuses on developing future leaders and inspiring best-in-class talent.
Dr. Pascale Anglade, Medical Director of the Office of Professional Staff Affairs at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi who spearheaded this program said, ......read more
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 15 August 2023: Under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Khaled bin Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Chairman of Abu Dhabi Executive Council, the inaugural Abu Dhabi Global Healthcare Week will take place from May 13-15 2024, at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC).
The event, to be held under the theme Transforming the Future of Global Healthcare, will be organised by The Department of Health – Abu Dhabi (DoH), the regulator of the healthcare sector in the emirate and is expected to be one of the biggest healthcare conventions globally, gathering healthcare leaders and stakeholders from around the world to address global perspectives and challenges, shaping trajectories for a comprehensive healthcare ecosystem.
Reflecting Abu Dhabi’s position as a leading ......read more
UAE, Abu Dhabi, 14 August 2023 – PureHealth, the largest healthcare platform in the Middle East, will now integrate the National Rehabilitation Center (NRC) based in Abu Dhabi into its operations.
Established in Abu Dhabi in 2002, the National Rehabilitation Center (NRC) serves as the UAE's main hub for treatment, rehabilitation, and research. In 2017, NRC was designated as a prestigious WHO Collaborative Centre for Substance Use Prevention and Treatment of Substance Use Disorders - the only center of its kind in the Middle East.
The NRC collaborates with governmental and semi-governmental entities to establish social and integration services for addiction patients, conducts community awareness sessions, and empowers students as addiction prevention ambassadors in their communities through school programs.
To ......read more
• Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi recognized with an award for exceptional and innovative performance
• Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi was one of the first hospitals to win this three-year designation outside of the United States and the first in the UAE in 2020
• The hospital’s Emergency Department is among 53 winners this year all of them in the U.S.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. August 1, 2023: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, a Mubadala Health partner, proudly announces that its Emergency Department has been awarded the prestigious Emergency Nurses Association’s (ENA) 2023 Lantern Award. This award, which is valid for three years, recognizes emergency departments that demonstrate exceptional and innovative performance in leadership, practice, education, advocacy, and research.
The ......read more
Ahead of World Lung Cancer Day on August 1, medical oncologist from global health system discusses how breakthroughs are changing the face of lung cancer treatment
Monday, July 31, 2023, Cleveland: With early screening and ongoing advances in treatment options, there is no reason for lung cancer to maintain its reputation as one of the deadliest cancers, according to an expert from global health system Cleveland Clinic, speaking ahead of World Lung Cancer Day [August 1].
“This is a very exciting time in the field of lung cancer treatment, says Khaled Hassan, MD MS, a medical oncologist specializing in lung cancer at Cleveland Clinic. “In addition to advances in surgery and radiation, the past two decades have seen major developments in systemic therapy, with immunotherapy, targeted therapy, and ......read more
The Group will assume full operational responsibility of the 122-bed multi-specialty hospital in Al Dhafra region.
Abu Dhabi, 24 July, 2023: In a significant move that further underlines its Operation & Management (O&M) capabilities, Burjeel Holdings (“Burjeel Holdings” or the “Group”), one of the largest healthcare services providers in the MENA region, has been awarded a contract to operate and manage Al Dhannah Hospital, one of the largest healthcare facilities in the Al Dhafra region, owned by ADNOC.
Under the agreement, Burjeel Holdings will assume full operational responsibility of Al Dhannah Hospital, aiming to enhance the quality and accessibility of healthcare services to ADNOC employees, their families, and the community in Al Dhafra region. The appointment will enable the Group to ......read more
• Bariatric surgery is one of the most effective and long-term solutions to treat obesity and related chronic conditions
• More than one billion people worldwide are obese, and the World Health Organization estimates that by 2025, approximately 167 million people will become obese or considered overweight
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. July 12, 2023: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, an M42 company, has reached a significant milestone as its Bariatric Surgery Program completes over 3,200 surgeries since the start of the program in 2017. As obesity levels continue to rise worldwide, having nearly tripled in the last 50 years, bariatric surgery is increasingly seen as a successful, long-term solution for obese patients who haven't been successful with other weight loss approaches.
The World ......read more
Patients in primary prevention subgroup studied by global health system had risk factors but no pre-existing heart disease
Tuesday, July 11, 2023, Cleveland: Findings from a clinical trial led by global health system Cleveland Clinic showed that the use of bempedoic acid (a cholesterol-lowering drug) in statin intolerant patients who have not yet had a cardiovascular event, but do have risk factors, like diabetes, significantly reduced the chance of death from heart disease and other major adverse cardiovascular events such as heart attacks and strokes.
Findings were presented during a Late Breaking Science Session at the American Diabetes Association’s 83rd Annual Scientific Session in San Diego and simultaneously published in the Journal of the American Medical Association.
Back in March, ......read more
• Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre makes history as first Emirati recipient of Global Golisano Award, announced at the Special Olympics World Games Berlin 2023
• Nominees must fulfill specific criteria set by Special Olympics International, highlighting their services and commitment
• Award Presented to Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre in recognition of their collaboration with Special Olympics UAE to provide outstanding healthcare services to People of Determination with intellectual disabilities and their families
Abu Dhabi – United Arab Emirates, June 22, 2023: Special Olympics UAE proudly announces that the Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre, its esteemed healthcare partner, has been awarded the prestigious Global Golisano Award for International Health Leadership. This achievement follows ......read more
Neuropathy is a complex condition with various causes, including genetics and diabetes. With over a hundred distinct inherited neuropathies, it can be challenging to identify the underlying cause, making education and awareness crucial. Thankfully, medical advances and treatment options continue to improve the quality of life for patients worldwide.
Neurotropic B vitamins, such as B1, B6, and B12, are crucial for nerve health and regeneration. B1 (thiamine) helps create energy for nerves, B6 aids in transmitting signals in the nervous system, and B12 supports nerve regeneration and other essential processes.
Neuropathy sensory tests are essential diagnostic tools that help doctors evaluate how well a patient's nerves are functioning. These tests measure the patient's ability to feel touch, vibration, ......read more
Ahead of World Brain Tumor Day [June 8], neuro-oncologist from global health system says benign and cancerous tumors can have the same symptoms, although cancerous tumors are rare
June 6, 2023, CLEVELAND: Ahead of World Brain Tumor Day, an expert from global health system Cleveland Clinic is urging individuals not to ignore prolonged or unexplained neurological symptoms as these could be caused by a benign or, much more rarely, cancerous brain tumor, in which case early diagnosis and treatment could significantly improve outcomes.
“The vast majority of brain tumors are benign, but the symptoms of benign and cancerous tumors can be exactly the same,” says neuro-oncologist Mark Malkin MD. “This is because the symptoms are caused by the pressure exerted on the brain by the tumor, as well as the ......read more
• The simultaneous kidney ‘swap’ transplant saves three lives
• Paired Kidney Donation Program matches live kidney donors, shortens donor waiting lists and ensures better outcomes
• Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, which is one of the UAE’s leading multi-organ transplant centers, pioneers this unique procedure
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. May 30, 2023: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, a Mubadala Health partner, played a major role in a groundbreaking triple ‘kidney swap’ transplant case in the UAE where three patients received life-saving organs under Abu Dhabi’s Paired Kidney Donation Program. The program works with leading hospitals such as Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi matching transplant recipients with compatible live donors.
Cleveland Clinic Abu ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, May 17, 2023: Ambulatory Healthcare Services, a SEHA Healthcare Facility, a subsidiary of PureHealth – the UAE’s largest integrated healthcare platform, has announced that Al Samha Healthcare Center in Abu Dhabi has started welcoming patients on Sundays starting May 7, 2023.
Commenting on the announcement, Dr. Khulood Al Dhaleei, Chief Operating Officer at AHS, said “We are pleased to welcome Al Samha community to Al Samha Healthcare Center on Sundays. This expansion is in line with the community’s growth and in accordance with their healthcare needs. We continuously strive to provide our patients with easy access to high-quality healthcare services in close proximity to their homes to spare them the need to travel for long distances.”
The new ......read more
• Ethos adaptive radiotherapy machine uses artificial intelligence and machine learning to maximize therapy while reducing exposure to radiation
• The chemotherapy robot ensures safe and effortless preparation of hazardous patient-specific doses of medication
• Fatima bint Mubarak Center setting the benchmark in advanced technological expertise in cancer care
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. May 4, 2023: The newly inaugurated Fatima bint Mubarak Center at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, a Mubadala Health partner, pioneers in cutting-edge and state-of-the-art technologies, bringing world-class cancer care to the UAE. The center’s advanced technological expertise combined with its team of experts, set a new standard of clinical excellence, elevating the quality of cancer screening, diagnostics and ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, March 29, 2023: Ambulatory Healthcare Services, a subsidiary of PureHealth – the UAE’s largest integrated healthcare platform, has announced the opening of the new disease prevention and screening center at ‘Top Prestige’ in Mussafah Industrial Area.
The initiative is part of PureHealth and AHS’s endeavors to ensure quick, easy, and convenient visa medical check-ups and screening facilities, in line with the UAE’s efforts to promote a culture of healthy and preventive care.
The new center was inaugurated in the presence of H.E. Matar Saeed Rashed Al Nuaimi, Director General of the Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre, Dr Omar Al Jabri, Chief Medical Officer of the Ambulatory Healthcare Services, and senior officials of SEHA and AHS.
In his ......read more
• MoU signed in the presence of HE Dr. Sultan Al Jaber, HE Sarah bint Yousef Al Amiri and HE Mansour Al Mansouri
• HE Omar Al Suwaidi: ‘Quality partnerships enhance supply chain integration, self-sufficiency and competitiveness of exports in the pharmaceutical and medical supplies sector’
Dubai, UAE. 27 March 2023: The Department of Health Abu Dhabi (DoH), Pure Heath and its subsidiary Rafed, have joined the National In-Country Value (ICV) program, one of the UAE’s Projects of the 50, following the signing of a memorandum of understanding with the Ministry of Industry and Advanced Technology (MoIAT).
The MoU was signed in the presence of HE Dr. Sultan Ahmed Al Jaber, Minister of Industry and Advanced Technology, HE Sarah bint Yousef Al Amiri, Minister of State for Public Education and ......read more
• Colon Cancer accounts for nearly 9% of total cancer deaths in the UAE
• Early detection and treatment increases the 5-year survival rate to 90%
• Dubai Science Park and Neuro Spinal Hospital are partnering to offer free medical consultations until mid-April
Dubai, UAE, 21 March 2023: Colon cancer is the second most common cancer in the UAE – but also one of the easiest cancers to prevent. Dubai Science Park, a member of TECOM Group PJSC, is launching an interactive awareness campaign to educate UAE residents on the importance of early screening for the detection of colon cancer as part of National Colon Cancer Awareness Month, which takes place throughout March until April 15th.
Colorectal cancer is the third leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide and the second ......read more
The ingestible pills utilize magnetic fields to track movement through the Gastrointestinal tract with higher resolution and accuracy
Abu Dhabi, UAE, 14 February 2023 – A team of researchers led by Khalil Ramadi, Assistant Professor of Bioengineering at NYU Abu Dhabi (NYUAD), have developed a new, non-invasive system to facilitate the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal motility disorders. To track the movement of an ingestible “smart pill” through the Gastrointestinal (GI) tract, the researchers have generated 3D magnetic field gradients using high-frequency electromagnetic coils that encode each spatial point with a distinct magnetic field magnitude. The field magnitude is measured and transmitted by the “smart pill” to determine its precise location, which is then communicated to a ......read more
PCR partners with Marz Method to offer cancer patients or family members free equine therapy sessions
Sharjah, February 10, 2023: For over a decade, the Pink Caravan Ride (PCR), the nationwide breast cancer awareness campaign completing its final leg of the 11th edition in Abu Dhabi today (Friday), has become a prominent event in the region, attracting widespread support and participation from individuals and organisations alike.
The distinctive character and traditions of the UAE influenced the concept behind the Pink Caravan Ride. Its horse riders embody the country's cultural heritage and serve as a magnet for spectators. PCR noble causes and its equines attracted Deutsche national Cristina Marz, trauma therapist and founder of Marz Method, who saddled up and trekked on Thursday in Ras Al Khaimah, ......read more
International Epilepsy Day (February 13) this year is focused on ending stigmatization by dispelling myths surrounding this common neurological disease
February 10, 2023, CLEVELAND: It is a myth that individuals with epilepsy cannot live full, regular lives, although it is important that they seek and receive appropriate care timeously, says an expert from global health system Cleveland Clinic. His message corresponds with the focus of this year’s International Epilepsy Day, which is to dispel myths and destigmatize the common neurological condition.
Around 50 million people worldwide have epilepsy, making it one of the most common neurological diseases globally, according to the World Health Organization. The condition is characterized by periodic and involuntary seizures, and if these are ......read more
Orthopedic surgeon visiting Arab Health says individuals of all ages can take simple steps now to help protect their bone heath in the future
February 1, 2023, Dubai, UAE: Osteoporotic bone fractures are dangerous and often debilitating, and their incidence is expected to rise significantly as global populations age, according to research. The good news is that there are several simple steps individuals can take at any age to protect their bone health, says an expert from global health system Cleveland Clinic, who is visiting Arab Health in Dubai this week.
Speaking on the sidelines of the annual event, orthopedic surgeon Mark Schickendantz, MD, cited a recent study presented by researchers from Hong Kong at last year’s American Society of Bone and Mineral Research Annual Meeting. Dr. ......read more
New business line will purchase, handle, and supply high-demand healthcare products for hospitals, clinics, pharmacies and retailers in the UAE & GCC
Abu Dhabi, UAE – 31 January, 2023: AD Ports Logistics (ADPL), provider of integrated end-to-end business solutions and a subsidiary of AD Ports Group’s Logistics Cluster, has announced the addition of a new distribution business line that will see the company secure exclusive distribution rights for a range of healthcare products. The new business line targets the GCC’s fast-growing healthcare and life sciences sector, whose market size is projected to increase at a CAGR of 4.9% to AED 365.7 billion (US $99.6 billion) in 2023 from AED 316.6 billion (US $86.2 billion) in 2020.
As a distributor licensed by the UAE Ministry of Health and Abu Dhabi ......read more
As the world marks Cervical Cancer Awareness Month, an expert from Cleveland Clinic discusses means of prevention and the potential benefits of immunotherapy treatments
Wednesday, 25 January, 2023, CLEVELAND: The research and development of immunotherapy drugs to treat patients who have cervical cancer, especially in its advanced stages, is offering hope to hundreds of thousands of women worldwide, says an expert from global health system Cleveland Clinic. However, speaking during the Cervical Cancer Awareness Month of January, he points out that regular screenings remain a vital tool to prevent cervical cancer.
Cervical Cancer is the fourth-most common cancer among women worldwide and is caused mainly by persistent infection with high-risk types of human papillomavirus (HPV), according to the World Health ......read more
• Aster DM Healthcare’s patient care digital platform now provides complete access to Aster hospitals, clinics, diagnostics centers and pharmacies in UAE, putting healthcare management in the hands of patients.
• myAster has touched over one million lives since its introduction and ranks number 1 as free medical app on Play Store and App Store
Dubai - January 23, 2023: In alignment with UAE’s Vision 2031 to position the country in the Top 10 for quality healthcare, Aster DM Healthcare, one of the largest healthcare providers in GCC and India, today officially unveiled the full-fledged version of myAster app, the region’s first integrated healthcare platform providing access to hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers and pharmacies as Aster continues to lead the healthcare ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, January 13, 2023: Following the announcement of the Abu Dhabi community campaign supporting the National Programme for Organ and Tissue Donation and Transplantation “Hayat”, launched by the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi, the regulator of the healthcare sector in the emirate, the number of registrants in the “Hayat” programme reached more than 10,000 organ donors from different nationalities, backgrounds and ages, who expressed their desire to become organ donors post mortem. This confirms their belief in the importance of organ donation as a noble humanitarian act that embodies the highest meaning of giving and gives others renewed hope in life. These values create a vivid scenario of community solidarity, where organ donation, whether during life or after death, saves ......read more
• Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi installs its first ‘Hayat’ booth to drive organ donor registration in the UAE
• Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi CEO first to sign up as an organ donor at the booth
• To date, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi has performed more than 330 life-changing organ transplants
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. January 3, 2023: Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi, a Mubadala Health partner, is working with the Department of Health – Abu Dhabi (DoH) to promote the ‘Abu Dhabi Community Campaign’, supporting the National Programme for Organ Donation and Transplantation, ‘Hayat’. Launched by DoH, the campaign seeks to drive organ donation registration and raise awareness of the initiative. The multispecialty hospital has installed the first Hayat booth that will ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirate – 30 December 2022: The Department of Health – Abu Dhabi (DoH), regulator of the healthcare sector in the Emirate confirmed the continuity of COVID-19 related services in Abu Dhabi. COVID-19 vaccinations and PCR tests remain available in various healthcare facilities in the Emirate including pharmacies and medical centres as well as SEHA's healthcare centres.
This comes after Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) announced closure of some COVID-19 centres in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, and Al Dhafra, in its gradual efforts for a return to normal life post-COVID.
The Department remains committed to safeguarding the health and wellbeing of all community members in Abu Dhabi and ensuring that it is providing the necessary healthcare services, as it continues to provide PCR tests and ......read more
Abu Dhabi, 27 December 2022: Mubadala Health signed a partnership agreement with Abu Dhabi Pension Fund (ADPF) to provide exclusive healthcare services to ADPF-registered pensioners. The agreement will result in the implementation of a personal health program for pensioners. All new pensioners will be immediately enrolled in the program. The agreement will enhance cooperation between the two parties, in line with Mubadala Health’s mission to achieve the highest levels of health and quality of life for the Abu Dhabi community. The agreement will also expand the social benefits offered to pensioners.
As part of the agreement, Mubadala Health’s network of healthcare facilities will provide healthcare services to pensioners through the newly launched “Health is Wealth” program. The first level is designed to ......read more
• Harvard Business Council International Awards is developed on the concept of total quality management
• Ambulatory Healthcare Services offers comprehensive community-based healthcare services in Abu Dhabi
• AHS CEO Dr Noura Khamis Al Ghaithi presented with HBC Women Leader Gold Award
• Ambulatory Healthcare Services bestowed with HBC 2022 Dealing with ......read more
Community programme dedicated to helping every person in Abu Dhabi achieve physical, social, and mental wellness is contributing to the government’s vision to be the healthiest and happiest place in the world by 2030
ABU DHABI, 12 December 2022 – Today, the Abu Dhabi Sports Council unveiled Abu Dhabi 360, a programme dedicated to helping every person in the ......read more
• The ‘One Billion Steps Challenge’ saw more than 8,000 people from the UAE communities and abroad with 1,017,329,987 steps registered - covering 622,313km – the equivalent of walking almost 14 times around the entire world.
• The Challenge which concluded on the final day of the International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH) Congress recorded ......read more
• The 9th edition of the event which is being hosted in the Middle East for the first time, begins tomorrow and will run until 26th October at Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre.
• Hundreds of attendees including senior officials from Government entities will be present with the event consisting of workshops and fitness activities that aims to promote physical ......read more
• The ‘One Billion Steps Challenge’ is aligned with hosting the International Society for Physical Activity and Health (ISPAH) Congress’ activities.
• In partnership with the STEPPI fitness app, the Challenge will run from 23rd of September until the 26th of October 2022, which is final day of the Congress, encouraging people to be more active.
• ......read more
• The new center at Al Wagan Hospital will operate daily to support the UAE’s on-going efforts to tackle COVID-19
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates - 18, August 2022: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, August 2022: Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA), the UAE’s largest healthcare network, has announced the opening of a new drive-through testing center at Al Wagan ......read more
• First provider in the UAE to earn CARF accreditation for amputee rehabilitation services
• The three-year accreditation underpins Amana Healthcare’s pledge to provide world-class patient care across its programs and services
Abu Dhabi, UAE - 28 July 2022: Amana Healthcare, a Mubadala Health partner, has received a three-year accreditation from the US-based ......read more
Region’s largest softgel capsules and tablets manufacturer to play key role in the UAE’s vision to become pharma hub and grow industrial sector
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – 27 June 2022: GlobalOne Healthcare Holding (GHH), Yas Holding’s Healthcare Division, announced the rebranding of its subsidiary Geltec Healthcare FZE as Bioventure Healthcare FZE, ......read more
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates – 22 June, 2022: Abu Dhabi Public Health Centre (ADPHC), the region’s first dedicated centre protecting the physical, mental and social wellbeing of Abu Dhabi’s population by raising public and preventative healthcare awareness, has released an update on “AL ADAA”, an electronic application established with the aim of enhancing ......read more
• Imperial College London Diabetes Centre (ICLDC) and Moorfields Eye Hospital Abu Dhabi enter a partnership agreement to deliver UAE-based ophthalmology services for diabetes and endocrinology patients
20 June 2022, Abu Dhabi – UAE: Imperial College London Diabetes Centre (ICLDC), part of the Mubadala Health network, has recently entered a partnership agreement with ......read more